Friday, March 01, 2013

Challenge: Happiness Advantage Week 1

Details for this challenge are in this post.

Summary: I want to rewire my brain to look for positives in life by spending a few moments every day thinking of 3 different things I am grateful for.

63 things I am grateful for? Eek!

Day 1
Employed in my chosen profession.
Own a house to call home.
Newly married to an honest, loving, supportive, and kind man.

Day 2:
2 dogs that are currently sleeping peacefully at my side
Access to beautiful music
Work out instructors that are encouraging and persistent.

Day 3
Long distance communication
Nearly telepathic shared thoughts
Lovely artwork in unexpected places

Day 4
Expensed lunches
Meaningful conversations with friends
People who just GET IT

Day 5
The funny face my big dog makes when food bounces off of his nose . . . for the 25th time in a row
The way we can't stay mad when saying "bubbles"
Getting caught up in a long awaited scene of a book

Day 6
Warm fuzzy blankets
Baths with lots of bubbles and scented goodies
Travel Treasures

Day 7
Rich dark chocolate
Feeling my body get stronger with exercise
Inspirational videos that give me hope for the world and my place in it

Week one conclusion:
I am finding myself searching my day for things to be grateful for that I haven't thought of yet. Even by reviewing what I am already grateful for, I find myself staying more positive, despite some not stellar moods the last few days. I wouldn't go so far as to say this is full life style change, but it is a start!

Two more weeks to go! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment