Friday, March 29, 2013

Challenge: Happiness Advantage Week 2

Details to the challenge can be found in this post.

To sum it up: find three things a day for 21 days that you are grateful for.


Day 8
Neighbours who shovel your driveway when you aren't home
Warm days that melt the ice away
People sharing hard won wisdom

Day 9
Creative outlets
Strengthening willpower
Laughter

Day 10
Finding my wedding rings the day after I lost them at the YMCA
Unexpectedly meeting friends in strange places
The joy dogs have in fresh snow that banishes my own bitterness at the lack of spring

Day 11
Being able to stay in the office on bad weather days
Sharing food with coworkers
Winter tires

Day 12
Making pancakes with my husband, each one a different type of fruit and candy
Reading a gardening book and feeling excited about spring
Finally fitting my car in the garage! No more ice scraping mornings!

Day 13
Playing dice with family
Flushable toilettes
Not crashing into other vehicles during a particularly bad stretch of swirling snow

Day 14
Being friends with your coworkers and visa versa
No injuries when pup got into a dog argument
Extra wedding dress material to make cool momentos out of

Week two conclusion:
This was the hardest week for sticking to it. I would find things I was grateful for, but not write them down, or forget to do it altogether. For future challenges, I am going to need a sticky note or some other daily reminder. It has definitely increased my willpower abilities to stick through with this. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment